DENT Roadmap: current status overview per category and individual items, plus history
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview current status DENT Roadmap
- 2 Key Milestones Q3 -2020
- 3 Key Milestones Q4 -2020
- 4 Key Milestones Q1-Q2 2021
- 5 Status number of users, supported countries and operators
- 6 Status DENT Apps features
- 7 Status DENT Exchange features, unused data trading, and number of trading pairs
- 8 Status DENT Voice and number of supported countries
- 9 Status DENT eSIM and number of supported countries
- 10 Status DENT token listings on exchanges and listing on CoinMarketCap
- 11 Status DENT Trading desk, B2B trading, and 5G Latency trading
- 12 Status DENT platforms for Businesses, Teams, Resellers, MVNOs, and IoT.
- 13 Status DENT Marketing and Sponsoring
- 14 Roadmap items Q1 2019- Q2 2020 with status
- 15 Graphical Roadmap Q1 2019- Q2 2020
- 16 Roadmap Q3 2018 – Q2 2019 (Released August 15, 2018)
- 17 Roadmap 2018 (Released December 8, 2017)
- 18 Roadmap included in original Whitepaper, 10 July, 2017
Overview current status DENT Roadmap
Today, June 29, 2020, the long awaited new roadmap for the coming year (period Q3 2020 up to Q2 2021) has been released, together with a complete restyling of the DENT Wireless website.
It’s the first insight we get about the new direction the management team has chosen to go.
In short, the focus is all about eSIM. DENT Wireless (as MVNO) wants to become the technology leader and a worldwide “eSIM data provider” with new advanced eSIM related features and benefits for both consumers and businesses (including IoT/M2M solutions).
Our in their own words…
Worldwide data with eSIM and the liberalization of mobile data.
“Our vision is to be the first global and digital operator that provides worldwide access to mobile data without using outdated SIM cards. The eSIM technology is growing in importance and will be the standard for mobile data.”
“As a part of this mobile data liberalization we also created a global marketplace using blockchain technology, where everyone on this planet has the opportunity to buy and sell mobile data and voice packages. With this platform we want to disrupt the complicated, fragmented telco industry.”
This disruption is done by offering users freedom of choice to select their network of choice while removing barriers as long contracts, high roaming fees, and loss of unused data.
But with a shift from being the “middlemen” and creating an exchange where participants worldwide can buy, sell, trade, send and donate mobile (unused) data, that is initially offered by local telco providers in different countries. With participants as local telcos (trading desk), users who sell unused data, and traders… to…
“The world’s first digital & global operator for eSIM, top-ups and voice minutes” with unique eSIM features for consumers as:
- Worldwide coverage (80 countries).
- Long 365 days duration.
- [H2 2020] Easy splitting, pooling, allocation, and sharing of data among devices and other users (DENT Teams, Coupons, and sending data via all major chat and messenger platforms).
- [1H 2021] Option to sell unused data on the Marketplace (via DENT Apps) or on DENT Exchange.
- [Q4 2020] eSIM with an embedded telephone number. Hence, no other contract with local telco provider necessary anymore.
- Option to earn free DENT (i.e. data) via DENT Earn Tab.
- Option to get free data (and voice minutes) every 14 days by locking up DENT in the DENT Afterburner Loyalty Program.
- Technical superior coverage and fast data transfers (via local break-out).
And unique eSIM features for businesses as:
- Dashboards for easy management (of multiple devices and/or users) and payments.
- DENT IoT Dashboard and IoT eSIM solutions (as the new to be developed “eSIM on a chip”).
And new eSIM platforms for “wholesalers”:
- DENT Gigastore for B2B resellers.
- “Cloud Telco Stack” platform for MVNOs.
So, B2C and B2B solutions where the team is selling directly to consumers and businesses, but also indirectly to consumers via wholesalers.
All possible by using and expanding the DENT Ecosystem with the DENT Exchange as the heart and soul of the system, connected with other system elements as the DENT Apps and the other DENT platforms (Teams Web App, Gigastore, Cloud Telco Stack, IoT dashboard). And of course, by using the ETH platform, the DENT token, and smart contracts for processing.
As this is an continuously updated blog post where we try to keep track of the history of prior roadmaps, I’ll first show the new roadmap with remarks whether it’s a new item or extending current product. And thereafter make the link with the prior roadmap by emphasizing on the new items, changes, and “skipped” items.
Key Milestones Q3 -2020
Slogan: Exploring new markets. Extending current products.
In this quarter, the team plans to add new countries for DENT Voice and the eSIM Worldwide Data Plan, add new features for DENT Teams and create prototypes for IoT applications powered by DENT.
Key Milestones of Q3/ 2020
- ✔ DENT Global Voice bundling with DENT eSIM packages. Include international voice minutes to our eSIM data packages. For every purchased 1GB eSIM data, a DENT App user will get 10 minutes of free global voice calling (with 30 days validity).
- ✔ Add quotas to DENT Teams for business use. Already earlier announced at launch of DENT Teams.
- ✔ Allow direct payments and data management for DENT Teams without the need of the DENT app to address business users.
- ✔ Pay with PayPal/Credit Card and DENTs (split payments). PayPal payment triggers purchase of DENTS on DENT Exchange first, then the packages will be purchased with those DENTs on DENT Exchange. This is a new platform feature for teams and businesses.
- ✔ Make an IoT prototype for security cameras with a physical DENT SIM card, administrate the data allocation using the new DENT IoT Dashboard. See this Twitter message on December 21, 2020.
- ✔ List DENT Exchange BTC market on CoinMarketCap. Long outstanding roadmap item. In Q3, 2020, DENT Exchange was listed as ‘Untracked Listing’ on CMC.
- ✔ Enable Samsung Blockchain Wallet payments (ETH) for eSIM. Already earlier announced.
- Research and development on GGSN technology to enable local breakout to save mobile network capacity and to make data transfers faster for the users. Completely new item.
✔ this mark means that the roadmap item has already been achieved.
Also, some extra items, that were not included in the updated roadmap, were achieved in Q3 2020:
- Extra payment options. Now DENT App users can pay with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- The number of supported eSIM countries has been expanded from 50 to 75 countries.
- New DENT App feature to use a “redeem code” that can only be used once by the first-time user. The redeem code is a unique 16 digits code that can be created for any of DWs telco products. Hence, a great new way for marketing purposes as a free give-away. Or for usage in the DENT Gigastore, where resellers can “deliver” DWs telco products via these redeem codes.
- The originally planned Sponsored data top-up launch (pilot) with an international retail company (for Q3 2019), has been started in Indonesia where super market buyers can earn in total up to 10,000 free data top-up packages. This is how it works… Super market buyers have to buy a certain product (or spent a certain amount) to get the free data package or prepaid top-up. To claim the free product, the buyer is invited to download the DENT (Android) App and use the new built-in “scanner”. This scanner checks the purchase receipt and checks whether the aimed product is really bought. And if OK, the user will automatically get his free data. (Note: this new type of “free data bonus give-away” marketing campaign can be used “worldwide” with any “business partner” and for any of DW’s telco products.)
Key Milestones Q4 -2020
Slogan: Deepening the Cloud Telco features
For the team and for the entire Telco industry, eSIM is the future. That is why the team wants to focus on innovations in this area by building a deeper and deeper stack to replace the old systems with the “Telco Cloud”.
Key Milestones for Q4/ 2020:
- Develop a prototype of DENT eSIM with an embedded telephone number. Earlier announced to check the possibility, now decided to make a prototype.
- Launch DENT Gigastore for B2B resellers to enable global distribution for travelers. Related to this item is the setup of the DENT eSIM Developers API (now in Beta and test phase).
- ✔ Improve offer wall functionality for app users. Extension of current product.
- Launch digital coupons to make data sharing more easy. (First stage with Redeem Code implemented, plus via TEAMS data can now be allocated and shared via QR Codes).
- Connect DENT with popular messaging apps like Apple iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and others to be able to send data packages in an integrated way. Change in direction from creating own DENT Messenger App to integration with existing popular messaging apps.
- Add eSIM benefits for Afterburner. Wanted extra feature by users.
- Research on SM-DP+ Technology for eSIM management, to extend the “Cloud Telco” platform of DENT Wireless. Completely new item.
Also, some extra items, that were not included in the updated roadmap, were achieved in Q4 2020:
- New referral campaign “Invite your friend and get both 5GB for free”.
- New affiliate marketing campaign with Bunq.
- The number of supported eSIM countries has been expanded from 75 to 80 countries. Extra added countries: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Ukraine and Vietnam. (Note: after 2 weeks, the support for the UAE was stopped and replaced by the Faroe Islands that was instead added as new supported country)
- Auto-installation of eSIM profiles as earlier developed for Android devices, now also developed for iOS devices. (No QR Codes needed anymore for installation and activation)
Key Milestones Q1-Q2 2021
Slogan: Marketing-driven updates to our systems.
In the beginning of 2021, the team will intensify the marketing and distribution for all products, while at the same time developing new features for DENT Exchange and DW’s platforms.
Key Milestones for the fist half year 2021:
- Enable DENT eSIM for Windows 10 tablets and laptops. Earlier announced item after eSIM launch.
- Launch Data Trading for eSIM on Exchange and on Mobile. “Postphoned” item from Q1 and Q2 2020.
- Launch a major update on DENT Exchange to enable new kind of trading experience for mobile assets. Completely new item.
- Launch a new world-wide marketing campaign, targeting travelers in international markets. Earlier announced.
- Launch eSIM Promotions on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and on Twitter. New specification of marketing campaign.
- Add reseller partners to open up the B2B sales channels. Completely new item.
- Optimize device & network connectivity for Summer Olympics in Tokyo. “Postphoned” item from Q2 2020.
- Add 20 more countries in global pack for eSIM. Extension of current product.
- Research and development for a new IoT product‚ “eSIM on a chip” to create an open-source “operating system” for connected device to replace WLAN setup features with a pre-connected DENT eSIM on a chip for manufactures to embed onto their products as default. Completely new item.
So, it’s time to analyze the new roadmap and see what’s new, changed, or has been skipped, and look at the new direction.
Therefore, I arranged the roadmap items into categories:
- DENT Apps features, number of users, supported countries and operators.
- DENT Exchange features, unused data trading, and number of trading pairs.
- DENT Voice and number of supported countries.
- DENT eSIM and number of supported countries.
- DENT token listings on exchanges and CMC.
- DENT platforms for Businesses, Teams, and IoT.
- DENT Marketing and sponsoring.
But before going into detail, it’s good to be aware that the prior roadmap was released February 12, 2019 and has not yet been updated since then.
Hence, 16 months ago. So, of course, at that time, the management team could only make a prediction about the future. So, that roadmap and the current roadmap are “just a guide”. Along the “road”, many things can happen, and the team has to adapt to unforeseen opportunities, threats, new technologies, developments, market conditions, and anything else that has effect on the aimed plans.
So, in hindsight it’s easy to conclude that some original aimed goals are not met, but we should also consider that adjusting the plans is a common business practice, and essential to survive and move forward.
Let’s start with the first category of roadmap items…
Status number of users, supported countries and operators
In the new roadmap, there are no targets anymore. The original target for Q2 2020 with 40+ million registered users, 90 countries, and 280 operators has been “dropped” by the team. Which is kind of logic if you taken into account the swift in focus to eSIM related products.
That said, of course, the team still wants to increase its user base, and supported countries but now focused on its own products DENT eSIM and DENT Voice (and upcoming combo’s of these two products). Also, there will be a shift from primarily focused on consumers to also businesses, including resellers, OEM producers, and clients managing IoT/M2M devices.
Back to the figures… The current status is 25+ million users, 141 countries (141 voice and 56 mobile data and/or prepaid top-ups) and 227 operators.
Instead of counting and reporting about the number of supported operators and registered DENT App users, it now makes more sense to report about actually sold GBs, split in client categories as consumers, businesses, OEM suppliers (and other IoT clients), wholesalers (Resellers via Gigastore, MVNOs via Cloud Telco Stack).
Status DENT Apps features
Most of the obtained roadmap times have been achieved, there are a few exceptions.
With respect to the aimed new DENT 4.0 App with DENT Messenger (as targeted for Q2 2020), the team now makes a switch from creating their own Messenger App to connect with popular messaging apps like Apple iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and others to be able to send data packages in an integrated way.
A rather smart move, as with for example videos or images, people want to share these with their friends via their favorite messaging apps.
Furthermore, there were some roadmap items about “easy payments” by DENT app users as Cross-country money remittance, e-Wallet payment integration (in top-5 country), and Carrier Billing.
The status is that one e-Wallet payment integration has been released (for Kaspo Indonesia users), and that the developers team is almost ready with the Samsung Blockchain wallet integration (and now will be released in Q4 2020).
Plus, as additional achieved item (that was not included in the roadmap), the team added the feature to pay for buying mobile data inside the DENT Apps with fiat (USD) instead of DENT (by using PayPal or Credit cards).
Which will be expanded (in Q3 2020) with the split-payment feature that allows DENT App users to pay with both DENT and fiat in one single transaction.
Furthermore, the team is looking at other payment methods “integration” in DENT Apps as Apple Pay. [Update: in Q3 2020 Google Play and Apple Pay have been added as extra payment options for buying eSIM data plans]
Plus the team understands that businesses don’t want to use an app for managing multiple users (i.e. their employees) and paying higher sums of money for data usage (than just a regular user who only buys a few GB).
Therefor, a new (Teams) Web App will be created where for example the HR department of a multinational can access the Web App via PC, and has more features to manage and allocate data/voice usages (with access rights for multiple admins).
So, overall, the team is doing a good job and trying to add “easy payment” features for all DENT users.
And it’s good to see these new App functionalities in the new roadmap (besides all new eSIM related features, see below):
- Improve Offer Wall functionality for app users.
- Launch digital coupons to make data sharing more easy.
- Add eSIM benefits for Afterburner.
Read our individual DENT products posts to see which additional features we want the team to develop and implement.
Status DENT Exchange features, unused data trading, and number of trading pairs
The Q2 2020 target for DENT Exchange was to have 500 trading pairs in 4 asset classes: Mobile Data, Prepaid Top-ups, Voice Minutes, and eSIM data.
The current status is 188 trading pairs in Mobile Data and Prepaid Top-ups, 21 trading pairs in Voice Minutes, and no trading pairs yet in eSIM data (either for DENT eSIM or other suppliers).
That said, not all available products are tradeable on DENT Exchange. For example, there are a total of 423 (141 times 3) voice minutes pairs, and hundreds of mobile data and prepaid top-ups available in the DENT apps (not counted).
Hence, overall, easily exceeding the 500 trading pairs.
With respect to trading of unused data, after the successful pilot with PLDT in Hong Kong, there are no other carriers for which users can trade unused data on DENT Exchange.
With the new roadmap it can be concluded that there will be no more pilots or expansion with respect to selling of unused “SIM” data.
Instead, the first new product allowed for trading unused data will be DENT eSIM.
As per the new roadmap, this feature for both inside the DENT Apps and on DENT Exchange will be launched somewhere in the first half year of 2021.
For some of you, later then expected. But it only makes sense to have this feature “live” as a sufficient number of users is going to buy and use DENT eSIM.
And mainly due to COVID-19, international (business) traveling came to a halt. So, it’s logical that the launch of this feature has been “delayed” half a year.
What about trading of (unused) data from other eSIM suppliers?
The roadmap is unclear, whether this is still an option.
Who knows? But the eSIM technology makes it easier to split, allocate, share, and transfer (parts of) data plans. Which, of course, is the base for selling unused data.
How does selling of unused data look like?
With this new feature, a DENT App user can split off a certain amount of his (remaining) data plan, and offer it for sale on DENT Exchange or the DENT marketplace.
So, for example, a DENT App user has originally bought a 10GB data plan, used already 2GB, hence has left 8GB and wants to sell 7GB (and keeps 1GB for personal usage). In that case, the user allocates the 7GB and “brings” the data on the market.
So, DENT Wireless makes the sharing/pooling/allocation possible via its DENT Team Web App, the option to send data via the DENT Apps with integrations with the major messenger apps (as WhatsApp), and the option to trade unused data via DENT Exchange or the DENT Marketplace.
Will other eSIM providers follow and allow their users to share, allocate, and send (parts of) data plans?
If they don’t offer these features, DENT Wireless has a huge competitive advantage.
But on the other hand if providers do allow sending data to others, this will open up the feature that these users can sell their unused data…
This gives DENT Wireless the opportunity to allow trading in the unused data for this particular local telco provider (or international competing MVNO eSIM supplier) even without “cooperation” from the provider or supplier.
So, other eSIM competitors can and maybe will follow with data sharing and transferring features, but these suppliers don’t have a market place.
Hence, if their users want to sell or trade unused eSIM data, they have to come to the DENT Exchange…
Allowing DENT Exchange to become the worldwide exchange for buying, selling, transferring, and donating mobile data as aimed in the original whitepaper (but without having to wait for formal approval and cooperation from every provider individually – as long as these providers allow their own users to send data to each other).
Also included in the new roadmap, there is a “surprise” item to be “delivered” in the first half year of 2021…
“Launch a major update on DENT Exchange to enable new kind of trading experience for mobile assets.”
I have no idea what the team wants to develop, and whether this relates to trading of a new product or “just” a better and more advanced trading experience for users (like an Auction model)?
Anyway, it’s good that the team develops new products and tries to improve the user experience on DENT Exchange.
Update: Read this post The future of Selling and Trading of (Unused) Mobile Data to see our updated insights.
At the bottom of our DENT Exchange post, we have included some additional wanted features with respect to the DENT Exchange.
Status DENT Voice and number of supported countries
This quarter, the number of supported countries have been increased from 86 to 141. Hence, perfectly on target with the goal of achieving 140 countries end Q2 2020.
Also, as extra item not on the roadmap, users who have deposited DENT into the Afterburner Vault, can call to these supported countries for free for a certain number of minutes every 2 weeks. (The more deposited, the more minutes, starting with 31 minutes up to 450 minutes).
On November 18, 2020, all DENT eSIM data plans got the extra feature of 10 free global voice minutes for each 1GB purchased. These extra voice bundles have a 30-days validity. As great extra free gift and USP in comparison with DENT Wireless’ competitors who don’t give free minutes.
Status DENT eSIM and number of supported countries
Technically, the team is on target with the current supported 80 countries. In the first half year of 2021, 20 additional countries will be added. Also, in Q2 2020, the team launched the DENT Teams Web App, allowing DENT App users who bought an eSIM data plan to pool their data with others or among devices.
However, partly due to the COVID-19 crisis, the introduction and launch of DENT eSIM had some hiccups as the aimed sponsoring of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics has to be postponed a year later (same for the launch during a major Mobile Data Congress in Spain).
So, DENT Exchange hasn’t yet “become the largest eSIM distributor of the world”, and DENT Exchange isn’t yet open for eSIM offers of other operators, or selling unused data, as set targets in the prior roadmap.
But eSIM will be the main focus for DENT Wireless. Hence, we find some interesting new roadmap items with respect to eSIM (for consumers).
- Research and development on GGSN technology to enable local breakout to save mobile network capacity and to make data transfers faster for the users.
- Develop a prototype of DENT eSIM with an embedded telephone number.
- Launch Data Trading for eSIM on Exchange and on Mobile.
- Enable DENT eSIM for Windows 10 tablets and laptops.
All excellent additional features where DENT Wireless takes the lead, and tries to beat the competition with features others (often) don’t offer.
Status DENT token listings on exchanges and listing on CoinMarketCap
Well, during the last 3 years, many exchanges did list a DENT/BTC, DENT/ETH, or DENT/USDT pair. Some of them were successful, others less, resulting in some de-listings as well. Read or post DENT token: exchange listings for the best exchanges to trade and buy the DENT token.
If you read that post, you can see the big dominance of Binance. Unfortunately, you can’t trade on Binance.com in the DENT/BTC pair, and inhabitants from USA are not allowed to open an account on Binance.com.
Hence, there is maybe room for a new exchange listing on a “new” exchange. But this listing is only useful if the exchange can attract sufficient users from other exchanges (or new investors and traders) and preferable by listing a DENT/BTC trading pair with at least 10 BTC digits (hundreds of sats) with good volume and liquidity.
So, the management team can (and did) skip this roadmap item where it set a target number of additional exchange listings (each quarter), and instead just keep an eye on the market, and cooperate with any “interesting” and reliable exchange that wants to list DENT. For example, think about a Coinbase listing.
But don’t forget, if you live in one of the 43 supported countries, you can buy/sell DENT for BTC on DENT Exchange as well. DENT Exchange can handle high volumes and often has a small bid-ask spread as you can set your orders in 11 BTC digits.
Surprisingly, again on the roadmap for Q3 2020, is the Listing of DENT Exchange BTC market on CoinMarketCap (CMC). [Update: CMC did their review and listed DENT Exchange as Untracked Listing in August 2020]
Status DENT Trading desk, B2B trading, and 5G Latency trading
It’s clear that the aimed prior roadmap goals for the Telco Trading Desk, B2B (wholesale) trading, and 5G latency trading, haven’t been achieved yet.
And these items are not included anymore in the new roadmap.
For the Telco Trading Desk and B2B (wholesale), it’s logical as the focus has been shifted from SIM to eSIM. For the 5G latency trading it’s probably too early.
Instead there are now several new roadmap items…
Status DENT platforms for Businesses, Teams, Resellers, MVNOs, and IoT.
- Add quotas to DENT Teams for business use.
- Allow direct payments and data management for DENT Teams without the need of the DENT app to address business users.
- Make an IoT prototype for security cameras with a physical DENT SIM card, administrate the data allocation using the new DENT IoT Dashboard.
- Launch DENT Gigastore for B2B resellers to enable global distribution for travelers.
- Research on SM-DP+ Technology for eSIM management, to extend the “Cloud Telco” platform of DENT Wireless.
- Add reseller partners to open up the B2B sales channels.
- Research and development for a new IoT product‚ “eSIM on a chip” to create an open-source “operating system” for connected device to replace WLAN setup features with a pre-connected DENT eSIM on a chip for manufactures to embed onto their products as default.
Let’s start with the extra DENT Teams features…
The DENT Teams Web App will be expanded with easier management and payment features for businesses. Think about a HR department who wants to manage and allocate mobile data for all their employees, and of course, needs a reliable platform accessible via PC (instead of managing and paying transactions from and within the DENT App).
What can we expect from the new DENT Gigastore for B2B resellers?
It’s a shop for professional resellers (including other MVNOs), who can sell mobile data to their own clients. Think about resellers with their own apps like gaming or travel apps. Or physical mobile shops as on airports, or taxi drivers, or SIM card companies like Lebara, Sim Local etc. So, any local store or reseller will be able to capitalize on DENTs growth/adoption.
And what to think about the new to be developed Cloud Stack Telco Platform?
As far as I understand, it’s a new service offered by DENT Wireless for other MVNOs who can “pick” services and sell their own eSIM data plans under private label.
A very interesting concept, where MVNOs do their own marketing and DENT Wireless is more or less the wholesaler and offers the technical support, know-how, and data supply “services”.
Note: Subscription Manager Data Preparation (SM–DP): This is the entity which operators use to securely encrypt their operator credentials ready for over the air installation within the (e)SIM.
And the last major new roadmap item relates to Internet of Things (IoT)…
As per the new roadmap, DENT Wireless will create a new DENT IoT Dashboard and develop an IoT prototype for security cameras with a physical DENT SIM card, and also a new IoT product‚ “eSIM on a chip”.
It’s clear that DENT Wireless is busy on the background with one or more pilot projects for IoT solutions (focused on security cameras). As most of the IoT device managers have to manage devices connected both via SIM, and in the future eSIM, as other connection types (as WiFi), to enter this market is difficult without a pilot and partners as G + D.
However, the how and what DENT Wireless strategy and goals are with respect to IoT is still unclear, but it’s logical that DW wants to enter this market as the number of IoT connections will reach nearly 25 billion by 2025!
Status DENT Marketing and Sponsoring
On the prior roadmap, 3 big marketing/sponsoring campaigns are mentioned as the Tokyo Olympics, Telco Loyalty Program integration, and the launch of a Data Sponsored Retail Goods campaign.
Of course, the Tokyo Olympics campaign has been postponed to summer 2021, and the other 2 have been skipped from the roadmap.
Instead there are some new other marketing related items in the new roadmap:
- Launch digital coupons to make data sharing more easy.
- Launch a new world-wide marketing campaign, targeting travelers in international markets.
- Launch eSIM Promotions on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and on Twitter.
- Add reseller partners to open up the B2B sales channels.
So, it’s clear that the (consumer) marketing around eSIM will start in 2021, targeting travelers in international markets with special campaign around the Tokyo Olympics.
Besides referral marketing (with digital coupons), the focus will be on social media to target the market directly and indirectly via the (DENT Gigastore) resellers.
For the marketing with respect to businesses and IoT solutions, there are no specific roadmap items. But I’m sure the team has internally plans to concur this new market, and probably doesn’t want to reveal all details in public.
Read this post DENT Wireless Marketing to see how successful the marketing team was to acquire 25+ million users via referral marketing and whether or not the same strategy can be used for the eSIM marketing campaign.
So far the general current status update per category.
It’s clear that the new roadmap demonstrates the challenging and ambitious vision and goals of the team. But remember it’s just a roadmap. Plans and direction can change as we have seen before.
That said, the new roadmap is mainly focused on new technology and features and less on hard figures as the prior roadmaps did have.
For the next roadmap, we would like to see more hard targets as KPIs, distribution and sales targets (in GB or $), number of clients/users, transaction volume, AB Vault numbers, etc.
Below the prior DENT Roadmap with all individual roadmap items for each quarter (released February 12, 2019) with checkmarks (✔) if the item has been achieved, (X) if the item has been removed in the latest roadmap, (?) if the status is unclear, and (P) as the item has been postponed and be included in the latest roadmap. Followed by a short list of extra items achieved but those were not on the roadmap.
At the bottom of this post, we also did include all earlier roadmaps…
Roadmap items Q1 2019- Q2 2020 with status
✔ DENT eSIM for Roaming – (business) travelers in 50 countries.
(X) DENT 4.0 to be released with DENT messenger built-in. (Changed into integration with major Messenger platforms as WhatsApp)
(?) DENT Exchange opens for eSIM offers of other operators.
(P) DENT Exchange to become the largest eSIM distributor of the world.
(P) Offer eSIM in Japan for tourists at the 2020 Olympics.
(?) 5G Low Latency trading for B2B to be added to DENT Exchange.
✔ Voice Telephony in 140 countries.
(P) 10 new countries for DENT Apps.
(P) Reach 40 Million Users, DENT targets to become the most used cryptocurrency of the world.
✔ Launch Voice Telephony in INDIA using the DENT Apps.
✔ DENT eSIM for Roaming – (business) travelers in 30 countries.
(P) eSIM data becomes a tradeable asset class on DENT Exchange.
(X) Development of DENT Messenger continues to enable user-to-user communication and money remittance.
✔ Voice Telephony in 120 countries.
(X) 2 additional Exchanges for DENT Token.
(?) Research of 5G MEC capacity with a Tier 1 Telco.
✔ Preparing for the eSIM launch in Q1 2020.
✔ Voice Telephony in 100 countries.
(P) DENT Exchange to have 500 trading pairs in 3 asset classes: Mobile Data, Prepaid Top-ups and Voice Minutes.
✔ Launch DENT 3.0 Apps.
(P) 5 New Countries for DENT Apps.
(X) 2 more Exchanges for DENT Token.
(?) Research on B2B Telco trading and IoT.
✔ Reach 25 Million Users in 70 countries with 220 operators.
✔ Increase DENT Voice Telephony to cover 80 countries.
(X) Launching Telco Trading desk & Back-office for DENT Exchange.
✔ DENT Offer Wall 2.0 to be released.
(X) In-app trading of Global Voice minutes for Mobile users.
(P) 3 Additional exchange listings for DENT Token.
(P) Sponsored data top-up launch with an international retail company.
(X) Telco loyalty program integration with DENT.
(P) 2nd e-Wallet payment integration in a Top 5 country.
(?) Lab testing of Money Remittance.
✔ Launching Voice Calls in China.
✔ Enabling trading of Voice Minutes.
(P) 300 trading pairs on DENT Exchange.
✔ Mobile Users can start trading global packages from the DENT Apps.
✔ 185 operators in 55 countries available on Apps.
(X) First Retail sponsoring campaign to be launched.
✔ First e-Wallet provider integration in Top5 country.
(X) 3 new Exchanges to list DENT Token.
(?) Research for B2B data trading and more.
(P) DENT Exchange to be added to CoinMarketCap as an Exchange for the DENT/BTC pair.
✔ DENT will launch Global Voice Calling from the DENT Apps.
✔ Release of DENT Apps version 2.0.
✔ DENT Afterburner Loyalty Program will start.
✔ PLTD Only – Carrier Billing will be added to the Apps.
✔ Research on eSIM will continue in this quarter as a new business focus.
Not included in the roadmap (but achieved since Q1 2019):
✔ DENT App for Samsung Galaxy.
✔ Samsung blockchain wallet integration.
✔ Easy onboarding eSIM together with G + D.
✔ DENT Teams.
✔ Fiat payments for eSIM data plans.
Graphical Roadmap Q1 2019- Q2 2020
This roadmap was released on February 12, 2019.
Roadmap Q3 2018 – Q2 2019 (Released August 15, 2018)
As this roadmap is an update of Q3 and Q4 of 2018 (see below), and a half year later Q1 and Q2 of 2019 were updated in the roadmap Q1 2019 – Q2 2020 (see above), you can download the Q3 2018- Q2 2019 roadmap PDF with management presentation, but the individual roadmap items are not published in this post (to avoid confusion and overlap).
Roadmap 2018 (Released December 8, 2017)
Roadmap included in original Whitepaper, 10 July, 2017
Phase 1: Development and DENT user acquisition
- Organize mobile operator customers in key countries into a collective power by acquiring members with the help of the DENT Token sale and other incentives, such as sign-up data bonus of operator partners.
- Launch the DENT Exchange on Ethereum blockchain for buying, selling, and donating mobile data packages.
- Partner with telcos to offer mobile data packages and enable user-to-user data transfer.
Phase 2: Enrich domestic offering via the DENT Exchange
- Grow DENT community and operator partner base to allow their users to transfer data packages even across networks.
- For multi-national operator partners, the DENT Exchange represents an ideal platform to facilitate international data transfer for their user base.
- Enable users to donate excess data as DENT, e.g. to people in developing countries.
Phase 3: Provide international data offers via DENT Exchange
- Lobby with public bodies, such as EU regulation (which successfully enforced “roam like at home” and removed roaming fees within the EU) and governments of key countries to discuss rules for data liberation for their citizens.
- Continue adding more users to the network, start interconnecting domestic DENT markets to create the international DENT Exchange.
- Allow users to internationally sell and buy data packages.
- ==> DENT Token is the standard instrument for world-wide mobile data exchange.
A simple use case of how DENT Exchange will work internationally:
Mike is a customer of a US carrier, he owns 2,000 DENT Tokens. As he lands in Australia, he accesses the DENT marketplace at the airport though Wi-Fi and buys the mobile data he needs.
This data could, for example, have been offered by Jane, who is a customer of an Australian carrier.
Mike needs no extra agreements with any carrier, no SIM card changes, he just starts to use his phone on the Australian network. Jane is happy to earn DENT and will spend them on her next trip to Europe during her summer holidays. Mike’s US carrier earns transaction fees, and Jane’s Australian carrier has increased his utilization against his respective cost share.